annyonghaseyo

annyonghaseyo,

welcome to 'My Korea Corner' blog, a special place where i share my interest, my thoughts, my experiences, my pictures and everything about Korea. enjoy them ... Gamsahamnida. Thank
You. Terima Kasih.

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Korea … Korea … Saranghae





There is a reason why I decide to make a new blog entitled “My Korea Corner” .  It’s because my big interest in Korea, and I write pretty much articles about Korea in my other blog in Bahasa (Indonesia).  Then, I think it’s good if I have a special blog about Korea, so that I can interact with all people (not only in my friend list) who has a common interests about Korea. 

Finally, here I come … in my special blog “My Korea Corner”. Some contents are the articles from my other blog that I write in Bahasa. I translate them into English for this blog, and I will start my first post here with my story when and why I became interesting in everthing about Korea.

To be frank, I don’t really remember the exact time when Korea begins to attract my attention. What I remember, I watched Korean drama “Winter Sonata” a few years ago on tv, followed by other Korean dramas, and I unwittingly became Korean Drama enthusiasts ( I will write why I like Korean drama a lot in other post). 
   
I little by little know Korea; its culture, its language, its tradisional clothing (hanbok), its people and their lifestyle, its foods and beverage, and of course Korean actress and actors from those Korean dramas. What I like the most is beautiful natural sceneries that I’ve seen on some dramas which made me think that Korea is not only uniqe but also attractive country. It sparked my curiosity since then.



I never thought Korea will be a limelight and will rock the world with its “Hallyu” phenomenon like today.  “Korea fever” and its “Hallyu” are increasingly widespread around the globe, including to my country, Indonesia. Many Indonesian creates various Korea fan-base such as Korean boyband or girlband fanbase or Korean Drama fans club. Also, today, there are many Korean restaurants or cafes that offers variety of Korean foods.

“Korean Wave”  in Indonesia is more and more getting their place with the presence of Korea Cultural Center  (KCCI) in Jakarta, which is located in 17th floor, Equity Building, SCBD.  In KCCI we can satisfy our interest about Korea. As long as I know, Korean Languange Class in KCCI always full of participants.

KCCI also sometimes held a short courses, for example, how to make simple Korean handicrafts,  direcly supervised by a native Korean as trainer. Besides that, KCCI also held many arts and culture exhibitions, seminars, K-pop dance class, or celebration of  Korean feast days such Seollal, etc. KCCI also provides library services where you can borrow books and Korean dramas/movies CDs.

My interest about Korea grows more and more up till now.  The current modern technology and those facilities and services provided by KCCI allow me to access all information about Korea  Unfortunately, I’ve never been to Korea but I do hope someday I’ll be able to go and see  wonderful Korea . []






No comments:

Post a Comment