annyonghaseyo

annyonghaseyo,

welcome to 'My Korea Corner' blog, a special place where i share my interest, my thoughts, my experiences, my pictures and everything about Korea. enjoy them ... Gamsahamnida. Thank
You. Terima Kasih.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Learning Korean, Exciting and Fun !



I think Korean dramas affect me a lot. I prefer watching Korean dramas in its native language with English subtittle than watching them with voice-over (dubbing) in Bahasa. (Some privat television in Indonesia changes the language used in foreign movies or dramas in Bahasa by using voice-over (dubber)).


While enjoying the plot of the drama, I also enjoy the cast’s dialog and the way of their speak in Korean.  I feel that Korean language is exciting and it sounds good to my ear. So I resolved to learn the language.





I then enrolled my name in Korean language class at Korean Cultural Center Indonesia (KCCI). I started studying first level in March and ended  in May 2012. Of course, learning foreign language for the first time is not easy. But I was lucky because my teacher, a Korean native Mrs Maeng Miho made it very easy for me. 


She used to be a kindergarten teacher in Korea so she knew well how to teach the non-Koreans who learn the language for a very first time.  On the first day, she tought us Korean alphabet, how to read, how to pronounce , how to write and how to compile them into words and sentences. 





She asked each student to write their name using Korean alphabet ( Hangul) in a piece of paper, then we read them one by one, loud and clear. It’s really fun. We are really like kindergarten children who just learning to read.


That day, Maeng Miho Sonsaengnim ( that’s we called our teacher) also tought us a simple self-introduction in Korean, and she asked me to come forward one by one to practice it. 












That’s my first experience learning Korean. Our teacher always makes the learning atmosphere fun and excited so that we can learn comfortably and with full of enthusiasm. She encourage us to study patiently and not to give up easily. No wonder,  Maeng Miho sonsaengnim then become a favorite teacher and very well-known among students.








Learning a new language that is not our mother tounge is not very easy after all. The higher the level, the more difficult the lesson. Unfortunately, for some reasons, I only learned Korean up to the second level. But I don’t stop learning at all.

I keep on learning by myself from some books, You Tube, especially from Talk To Me in Korean (TTMIK), the best website and community to learn Korean in simple and easy way. I also now learning the language from Korean drama’s dialog and Korean songs.





I really hope someday I can go to Korea and practice my Korean in its native country. Pray for me. Fighting ! []


1 comment: